Sunday, March 28, 2010

Snake Skin?

Well, I didn't think to get a picture - but here's the story - Bill saw what he thought was a snake skin out in the pasture, a rattler - so we had to have it to send to my nephew Liam (Yes, I do love my sister, but Liam LOVES snakes and creepy crawly things, so I have no choice but to send things like this to him).

Well Bill went bumping and twisting across the pasture in the Suburban to find the skin back and pulled up next to it so I could pick it up, the first warning sign was that it gave me a static shock when I picked it up, which made me not notice until way too late that it was far too heavy to be just a skin . . . .

The smell actually struck me first as we ambled the rest of the way down the drive toward the gate, sniff, sniff, what is THAT? Uh Oh.

The snake skin wasn't just a skin but a long dead snake, and upon closer inspection, you could actually see a small mouse or something hanging out of his body portion, the skin was actually still supple when I went to toss it back out of the vehicle but rest assured, I first checked to see if there was a worthwhile rattle to remove for Liam, there wasn't.

Lesson learned - pay attention when picking up dead things.

2 comments:

  1. Or... just don't pick up dead things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm - Nah. Looking forward to your next post, it's been a while (I know - no pointing).

    ReplyDelete