Sunday, March 28, 2010

Silence


I finally got my Verizon card to work with my new computer AND took my laptop along on the 4 wheeler - up to the high country, took Bear Dog with me - the sun is shining, it's gotta be at least 60 something, the only sound is the wind blowing through the sagebrush.

This is my view

This week has been strange, a woman I used to work with and consider a friend lost her 21 year old son and the funeral was Friday. I of course, called and talked to all 3 kids and made sure they know just how much I love them, how proud I am of them, etc. and I called both parents - but I can't help but feel like I should express my thankfulness for all the blessings in my life. Someday I am sure I will have to deal with tragedy, with the unexpected death of someone close to me - but for now, I can only try to imagine the searing pain each time they think of Griffin and how much fun he had and how it JUST ISN'T FAIR that he is gone.

I know how much his family and friends will miss him, he will NOT be forgotten, I pray he is at peace now and I pray for peace for those here waiting to join him.

I'll be back in a bit to post again, but right now Bear Dog is quite insistent we take a hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment