Tuesday, November 9, 2010

How could time have gone that fast? 7 months ago was my last post?

It is November 9th today, the first real snow to speak of, very late this year. Work has kept me busy, both my real "day job" and the work here at the ranch - the Spring, Summer, and Fall seasons were so very beautiful!
We had calves, most survived, a few did not - I've learned to accept things  I thought I wouldn't be able to. The land proved to be harsh but yet forgiving of our Eastern idiocy - we had fantastic visits with family and friends, and I saw new and wonderful things.



Time.
When I was in school, and then as my children grew and went through school, life was in sections of time, beginning of school, Christmas break, Spring break, almost Summer, and the very best - SUMMER and each section of time seemed to stand on it's own.
Almost 30 years later, the sections are not dictated by anything other than mother nature and they blend as they fade, one into the next, and before I know it years have passed and I wonder what I missed while life was buzzing by.

In January, I vow to stop and smell the snow, drink in the silence and the vastness, until then, I'll keep working at it all - promises to post more photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment